Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

   
  I wouldn't normally do a book review and i would hardly call this one, but throughout my morning trips to the bathroom the past few weeks i have been reading this book. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to be the only book that i have read and actually enjoyed. It follows the adventures of an English man and his alien friend who have to leave earth when it is blown up to make room for a space highway. The 5 books in the series are full of witty conversations and interesting perspectives. The book is old, but it's humor makes me feel like it was written a few years ago. Surprisingly the first broadcast of the series was in 1978!

    A movie was made about the series, but it really is just a peak into the characters. I'm not one of those guy that is always bitching about books being better than movies either. All i'll say it that if you take a while in the bathroom maybe you should look into The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

7 comments:

  1. I never read the book, but saw the movie. Wasn't crazy about the movie. The book was better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie twist the first book into a very bad ending. The book is a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading this a few years back. It was well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that the book appears to people who don't generally like books. Which is a good thing :) I just liked booked before I read the Guide, so maybe some of it was lost to me, but I couldn't really finish it.

    ReplyDelete